Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
December started with a live session with newly formed dark indie/alt pop band MILO. They wanted a moody feel to the session, dark with the use of fairy lights as the main source of light. It's difficult to pigeon hole exactly what genre MILO fit into, the songs are atmospheric yet catchy.
Next we had Geromme Melosantos in for a couple of drum covers, we've worked with Geromme before and his drum covers are always great fun to work on. His style is metal-core with plenty of tricks and showmanship in the videos. The songs we've covered are 'Architects - Mortal After All' and 'Bring Me The Horizon - Shadow Moses' which are both hard hitting songs.
Are you a drummer and fancy bringing yourself to the forefront? Get in touch for our drum cover videos!
Northern Yanks came into the studio to record a couple of songs, with members hailing from New York and Yorkshire. The songs had a very raw feel with echoes of early 'White Stripes', I loved working on these tracks and it was a great day in the studio.
Lastly, we had a few releases throughout December.
- The charity single for 'Liberty Ship - Do That Thing' went live at the beginning of December, with the music video going down well and getting coverage from The Sheffield Star amongst others
- 2 more live sessions were released over on YouTube. The 2nd session with 'One O'Clock Sirens - 'Take Me For A Ride' and our good friends 'Rogue Siesta - Jungle'
- New Sheffield indie band 'Cafe Aspen' released debut single 'Lasting Need'
- Tom Warner filmed and recorded a drum cover of 'Snarky Puppy',
- We completed our very first wedding with both the bride and groom very pleased with the finished product, as were we.
- We had the pleasure of photographing DMA's at O2 Academy
Here's to an even bigger and better 2019!